Peshawar, Sept 26 : The Afghanistan Government has refuted Pakistan's claims that the kidnapped Afghan Ambassador-designate Abdul Khaliq Farahi didn't take enough security measures to protect himself.
Sultan Muhammad Baheem, the spokesman for Interior Ministry of Afghanistan, said that Farahi was an experienced diplomat and that he had not shown any carelessness in ensuring his security.
Baheem said the Afghan Government didn't blame any group or individual, and that neither they have received any demand nor had been contacted by the kidnappers.
Both the governments wanted to resolve the matter amicably and recover the abducted envoy safe and sound, The News quoted him as saying.
Baheem said this while briefing reporters after his meetings with NWFP Governor Owais Ahmad Ghani and provincial Chief Minister Ameer Haider Hoti in Peshawar last evening. He said both the Governor and the Chief Minister had assured him of an early recovery of the abducted envoy.
Abdul Khaliq Farahi was kidnapped from Hayatabad Township on September 22, while he was on way back to his home from office. His driver Khalid Khan was killed by the unknown kidnappers when he resisted the kidnapping attempt.
Earlier, NWFP Governor Owais Ahmad Ghani said that kidnapped Afghan Ambassador-designate Abdul Khaliq Farahi would be recovered soon. "We are sparing no effort and there is every hope that the envoy will be recovered shortly," he said.