New Delhi, Sep 24 (UNI) The archery junior team and U-16 football team have been recommended a financial support of Rs 32.25 lakh and Rs 26.10 lakh respectively, by the Sports Ministry which announced the clearance of 12 proposals under the scheme 'Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSF)' today.
Twenty four players and four coaches of the Archery junior team, which will participate in the 10th and fifth Cadet World outdoor Target Championship to be held in Turkey from October 6 to 12 this year, have been reccomended at full cost to the Government.
Meanwhile, the participation of 29 members of the U-16 footbal team in the AFC Championship, which will be played in Uzbekistan next month has been approved at air passage cost.
The proposals received from the various National Sports Federations, having financial implications of Rs 94.19 lakh, were cleared by the Departmental Committee of the Ministry.
1. Zonal Kabaddi Championship, Pondichery from September 12-14, 2008 - Rs 1.00 lakh.
2. Zonal Kabaddi Championship, Begu Sarai from September 26-28, 2008 - Rs 1.00 lakh.
3. Archery Jr team's participation in 10th Junior and 5th Cadet World Outdoor Target Archery Championship to be held at Antalaya, Turkey from October 6-12, 2008 - Rs 32.25 lakh (Participation of 24 players and four coaches recommended at Full cost to Government).
4. Participation of Indian U-16 Football team in AFC-2008 Championship to be held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan from October 4-18, 2008 - Rs 26.10 lakh (Participation of 29 persons approved at air passage cost).
5. Participation of Indian Senior (Men) Gold Team in the World Amateur Golf Championship (Eisenhower Cup 2008) to be held at Adelaide (Australia) from October 16 to 19, 2008 - Rs.5.84 lakh (Participation of three players recommended at full cost to Government).
6. Holding of Junior National Rowing Championship at Lucknow from 16th to 23rd November, 2008 - Rs 4.00 lakh.
7. Holding of Tug of War Women National Championship for Sub-Junior, Junior and Senior at Kanyakumari from October 11 to 14, 2008 - Rs 6.00 lakh.
8. Holding of Senior 50th Winter National Bridge Championship at Kanpur from November 11 to 21, 2008 - Rs 2.00 lakh.
9. Holding of 37th Senior National men's Handball Championship at Kurnool from December 21 to 26, 2008 - Rs 1.00 lakh.
10. Holding of XIX National Inter-State Kayaking Caneoing Championship for Senior Junior and Sub-junior for M &W and Boys and Girls at Bangalore from November 12 to 16, 2008 - Rs 12.00 lakh.
11. Holding of 37th Senior National Women's Handball Championship at Chennai from December 9 to 15, 2008 - Rs 1.00 lakh.
12. Holding of Senior Men National Ice Hockey Championship from January 20 to 14, 2009 at Leh Ladakh - Rs 2.00 lakh.
UNI RAR PY DS1630