1 injured in explosion near Tansa lake in Thane

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Thane, Sep 24 (UNI) A fisherman was critically injured in an explosion near Tansa lake in Thane district yesterday.

Shahapur police today said that the explosion was caused by gelatine sticks, used by fishermen for fishing. The explosives were stored in the house of Rajeev Mahadu Phupane (30), who was injured in the blast.

Rajeev was admitted to the Thane Civil Hospital.

Water engineering department of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has asked its staff and local people to remain vigilant in the wake of the incident.

UNI RM SR NP1946

Please Wait while comments are loading...