Washington, Sept 22 : Samuel L. Jackson's 'Lakeview Terrace' has topped the weekend box office after raking in 15.6 million dollars.
According to studio estimates, the Coen brothers comedy 'Burn After Reading' landed the second spot, with 11.3 million dollars, reports E! Online.
Opening at number three with 8.3 million dollars was romantic comedy 'My Best Friend's Girl,' starring Kate Hudson as a woman who comes between pals played by Dane Cook and Jason Biggs.
In fourth place with 8 million dollars was animated comedy 'Igor,' featuring the voices of John Cusack and Molly Shannon in a story of a hunchbacked lab gofer trying to be a mad scientist.
Rounding off the top five was 'Righteous Kill', which raked in 7.7 million dollars.
The top ten films on the weekend box office are:
1. Lakeview Terrace, $15.6 million
2. Burn After Reading, $11.3 million
3. My Best Friend's Girl, $8.3 million
4. Igor, $8 million
5. Righteous Kill, $7.7 million
6. Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys, $7.5 million
7. The Women, $5.3 million
8. Ghost Town, $5.2 million
9. The Dark Knight, $3 million
10. The House Bunny, $2.8 million