All allegations are untrue: Pradeep Sharma

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Sep 1: The sacked 'Encounter Specialist' Pradeep Sharma wasn't the same man when he spoke to the media outside his JB Nagar residence in Andheri (E) on Sunday, Aug 31. "I learnt about it early this morning, when I received a letter around 1 am,'' he said. "I have spoken to my lawyer and will go to appeal in the Maharashtra Administrative Tribunal in the next few days,'' said Sharma.

Asked about the contents of the letter, Sharma said he was accused of having links with the underworld. "I have gunned down 112 gangsters from nearly every faction- Ashwin Naik, Dawood, Shakeel , Abu Salem. These criminals had terrorized citizens. The allegations are untrue; I have done nothing wrong.''

Earlier this year, Sharma had written a letter to the police commissioner after receiving information that the underworld might target him. His security was not reviewed thereafter. On Sunday, three uniformed constables stood guard at Bhagvan Bhavan building, where he lives, as well-wishers and even informers rallied around him.

Sources says that the biggest concern for Inspector Pradeep Sharma is his own security. As he is likely to be targeted by the Underworld, specially the Chota Rajan Gang. As a dismissed police officer, Sharma is not entitled to police protection and has to fend for himself. It is learnt the Sharma is in the 'hit list' of Chota Rajan gang.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...