Ten people fell ill after ammonia gas leakage from a fish factory

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Barasat, Aug 31 (UNI) At least ten people fell sick, one of whom was serious after inhaling ammonia gas that leaked from a private fish processing plant at Udayrajpur near Madhyamgram under Barasat police station in North 24 Parganas today.

The leaking of the poisonous gas had created panic among the local people while the fire brigade personnel had ruhsed to cap the leakage from the source, police said.

Amongst the victims, one of the plant workers Sukumar Das, was said to be serious and was admitted to a hospital here.

Local people claimed that some inhabitants outside of the factory also fell ill from gas leakage.

UNI XC PC PKC 1930

Please Wait while comments are loading...