Jammu, Aug 30 : Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti (SASS) on Saturday issued a tough reaction to the government's new peace formula in which the Samiti will be given the use of 40 acres of land, while the pilgrimage is in progress but there will be no transfer of land.
The peace formula that has been hammered out after nearly two months of conflict could be announced as early as this weekend.
The new formula includes:-
- There is no ownership or transfer of land will be permitted.
- No change in title or proprietary rights over the land for use during the yatra.
- Amarnath Shrine Board will be allowed use of land only during the Yatra.
- Use of land will be temporary; services to be provided by the local population as is traditional.
- Structures built on land will be temporary and dismantled after Yatra.
- Pre-fab structures will be allowed to come up on the land given for Yatra use.
- Governor consults all political representatives on formula.
- PDP has opposed the compromise formula.
The fourth round of talks between the Samiti and the panel appointed by Jammu and Kashmir Governor N.N. Vohra, which is headed by S.S. Bloeria were deferred on Friday, in view of the indisposition of Bloeria. The talks are being held to resolve the Amarnath forest land transfer issue.
The Governor's panel includes Vice Chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo, former Judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Justice (Retd) G. D. Sharma and Principal Secretary to Governor and Chief Executive Officer of SASB B. B. Vyas.
The Samiti's committee consists of Tilak Raj Sharma, Brigadier (Retd) Suchet Singh, Narinder Singh and Pawan Kohli.