Govt issues Gazette detailing Pay Commission recommendations

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Aug 30 (UNI) With the Union government having issued a notification late last night relating to the Sixth Pay Commission, as many as 50 lakh Central government employees, including Armed Forces personnel, are in for bonanza by way of enhanced pay packets.

'The Gazette of India' details the recommendations accepted by it regarding the Sixth Pay Commission (CPC) Report, which substantially hike the pays and allowances of Central government employees accepting these as a ''package.'' The enhanced pay is to be given from September 1,2008.

The Gazette says that after careful consideration of the recommendations of the Commission in respect of civilian employees of the Central government in Groups 'A', 'B,' 'C' and 'D' as also the All India Services and Chairpersons and Members of Regulatory Bodies --except the Reserve Bank of India-- have decided that the recommendations of the Commission be accpeted as a package. The government has, however, issued modifications in regard to various pay scales.

It has created a new pay scale of Rs 75,000 -- Rs 80,000 designated as 'HAG plus' carved out of 'PB-4.' The 'PB-4' is in the range of Rs 39,200 -- Rs 67,000. The annual increment will be at 3 per cent.

The recommendations of the Commission, headed by Justice Sri Krishna, will be made with retrospective effective from January 1, 2006, the notification said.

The Gazette says three upgradations will be granted under Assured Career Progression (ACP) scheme at 10, 20 and 30 years as per the modified ACP Scheme recommended by the Commission. ACP Scheme will also be applicable to Group 'A' employees.

The revised allowances, other than dearness allowances, will be effective from September 1,2008.

The government has also accepted the suggestion of the Commission for setting up of an Anomalies Commmitte to examine individual, post-specific and cadre-specific anomalies. The Gazette says the Anomalies Committee should endeavour to complete their work in one year.

On payment of arrears, the government has modified the Commission's recommendations to the extent that the arrears would be paid in cash in two installments-- first installment of 40 per cent this financial year (2008-09) and the remaining 60 per cent in the next financial year (2009-10).

MORE UNI GS MP NS1244

Please Wait while comments are loading...