Ahmedabad, Aug 28 (UNI) Hundreds of plastic water storage tanks were gutted in a fire today in the plastic division of Sintex Industries Ltd at Kalol, about 40 kms from here.
According to police and fire brigade sources, the fire, which broke out at 1400 hours, was controlled at 1600 hours. Fire fighters from Ahmedabad, ONGC and Gandhinagar rushed to the spot.
According to initial information, the fire was caused by short circuit. However, there was no loss of life, police said.
There was no major impact on the other production departments and working of the Company, sources said.
UNI HT OBB RC AS1907