Chennai, Aug 27 (UNI) As many as 39 students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, who had come from Kerala and other parts of South India in connection with a Science Expo, were admitted to a hospital following suspected food poisoning here late last night, police said today.
Police said the students had returned to the school premises after a sight-seeing tour during which they consumed junk food.At the school, they were served roti and dhal for dinner.
A couple of hours later, 39 students started vomiting and some of them swooned.
They were rushed to Government General Hospital where their condition was said to be stable.
Meanwhile, the students, studying in standards nine and ten alleged the school management forced them to clean the classrooms for their stay and also the toilets using chemicals, leading to their sickness.
UNI GV SB NS2013