Tusker electrocuted to death

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Angul, Aug 10 (UNI) A 15-year-old tusker died after coming in contact with an 11 KV live electric wire in Angul forest division.

Official sources said here today that the incident occurred near the Brahamanbili village under Chhendipada forest range on Friday night.

The electric poles were bent and the wire was hanging about eight feet above the ground for the past one year, the sources added.

When a herd of elephants was crossing the area, one of them came into contact with the live wire.

Forest Conservator S K Populi, Divisional Forest Officer S Mishra and Honorary Wildlife Warden Prasana Behera rushed to the spot.

The DFO blamed the electricity department for the death of the elephant and said he would take appropriate action against the authorities for their negligence.

UNI XC BD DPM RL PM1528

Please Wait while comments are loading...