NALCO receives Star performer award

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bhubaneswar, Aug 9 (UNI) The National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO), a Navratna PSU and India's leading manufacturer and-exporter of alumina and aluminium, has bagged the Engineering Export Promotion Council's prestigious All India Export Award The company was adjudged as the 'Star Performer' in large enterprise category, for its outstanding export performance during 2006-07.

The award was received by its Director (Commercial) K K Mallick from Union Minister of External Affairs Pranab Mukherjee at a function held in Kolkata today.

Mr Mallick said since the inception, NALCO had been constantly increasing its exports and forex earnings playing a pioneering role in the export of alumina and aluminium from India.

During the 2006-07 fiscal, the company exported 7.73 lakh tonne of alumina and 93,122 tonnes of aluminium, earning an all-time high foreign exchange of Rs 2,585 crore.

The company, he said, had also earned the highest-ever sales turnover and net profit of Rs 6,515 crore and Rs 2,381 crore respectively during the year.

'' NALCO products are exported to more than 30 countries. The company exports around 54 per cent of the alumina produced, after meeting its captive consumption for production of aluminium metal.

Presently, around 30 per cent of metal production is exported and remaining 70 per cent is being sold in the domestic market, '' he stated.

UNI DP SJC MP VC1946

Please Wait while comments are loading...