Lucknow, Aug 9 (UNI) Three women were choked to death after fire engulfed their house at Lajpatnagar area in Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh today.
A Fire broke out at the residence of a soap trader following a short circuit in an air conditioner, police superintendent A K Singh said.
As soon as the fire caught the duplex, an elderly woman along with the other two rushed to the second floor. However, they could not manage to come out of the burning house and suffocated to death.
Bodies have been sent for postmortem.
UNI PDM RSC ARB VC1632