Man injured as paint shop catches fire

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ambala, Aug 6 (UNI) One person was injured seriously when a leading paints shop in the main Sadar Bazar Ambala Cantonment was gutted in a fire that spread to two adjoining shops as well here today causing loss of lakhs of rupees.

The owner of United Paints, Sunil Mittal, suffered serious burn injuries while fighting the blaze and was hospitalised.

At least 12 fire tenders battled with blazes for over three hours before the it could be brought under control.

The fire, apparently triggered by a short circuit, turned fierce after coming in contact with highly inflammable thinner drums.

Virender Kumar, owner of the adjoining shop, stated that his shop was also burnt in the fire that spread from the United Paints. He said that the residential portions on the upper storeys of the shops were also gutted reducing the household belongings to ashes.

UNI XC JN MMS1709

Please Wait while comments are loading...