Jaipur, Aug 3 (UNI) The Rajasthan Government is examining the scope and viability of entrusting the Jaipur serial blasts case, in which 68 people were killed and over 150 others injured, to the CBI to investigate.
Talking to UNI, Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said the issue of exploring the viability of the CBI probe into the May 13 serial blasts case had figured at a meeting of the police and Home department officials, held this week. The meeting had conceded that the ongoing investigations had so far did not achieve any breakthrough in the case.
However, no formal move or decision has been made in this connection, the minister added.
On being asked, whether he favoured a CBI probe into the matter, Mr Kataria said more consultations and discussions were needed at this stage. Morever, the issue needed Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's clearance first, he said.
Meanwhile, official sources said the state government was of the view that as the blasts had inter-state dimensions, and the CBI could do a better job.
The premier investigative agency has got expertise and mechanism to accomplish such tasks, they said.
Congress state president C P Joshi and several others had already mooted the need of the CBI inquiry, as Special Investigation Team (SIT) constituted to hold investigations had failed to make any headway.
UNI SS GT SK RK0940