!984 Riot victims to prostest if CBI fails to record evidences

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Aug 1 (UNI) Expressing dismay on an "undue delay' shown by the CBI in investigating the November 1984 riots cases, the riots victims threatened to go on hunger strike if the agency fails to initiate recording of evidences of the witnesses by coming August 15.

An association of the victims, the November 1984 Riot Victim Camp's leaders Vazir Singh and Atma Singh Lubhana said," it is infortunate that after 25 years the CBI has not been able to book a single guilty responsible for the riots.

Tragically about 5000 people were killed during the riots and only two first have been lodged in two police stations of Delhi.

A release said after a lot of efforts the government ordered fresh CBI probe in 2005 but till now the CBI has not taken up any investigation. About 137 people were killed in Sultan Puri, North West Delhi alone and no agency official approached them for recording their evidences.

Alleging that police is 'hand-in-glove' with the 'higher ups' and is 'shielding' guilty, the association said the shoddy investigation on the part of the agency had helped all the culprits and some of them have gone scot free.

Citing the role of the police during the riots ,they said no post mortem of the deceased was conducted nor any FIR was lodged against the accused.

The testomonies of the witnesses have been handed over to the Jain Banerjee committee which was constituted after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh ordered a fresh probe in 2005 but no action has been initiated so far in that respect too.

UNI/SNG LPB VC1906

Please Wait while comments are loading...