Srinagar, Jul 30 (UNI) A post on the Indian side was again attacked by Pakistani troops from across the border in Nowgam sector in the frontier district of Kupwara today, a day after both the countries agreed to hold the ceasefire.
''Yes, there has again been a violation of the ceasefire by the Pakistani troops,'' a Defence ministry spokesman told UNI this afternoon.
India and Pakistan had agreed in 2003 for a ceasefire on the International Border and the Line of Control (LOC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
He said Pakistani troops again opened indiscriminate fire from across the border in the same Nowgam sector where the two armies exchanged fire for about 12 hours before the flag meeting yesterday.
The spokesman said there had been no report of any casualty in the fresh firing but added that more details were being collected about the attack from the forward post.
Official sources said Indian troops also retaliated and the intermittent firing was going on when reports last came in.
The damage suffered by the Pakistani troops was not immediately known, they said.
The guns fell silent early yesterday morning after more than a 12-hour-long fierce clash following a flag meeting in which it was agreed by the troops of both the countries to hold the ceasefire.
One soldier was killed in the firing by Pakistani troops on July 28.
The trouble started when a group of about 10 to 12 Pakistani troops entered this side and objected to a forward post. However, when the troops were fleeing back into Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK), they opened fire on the Indian position. Indian troops also retaliated and the exchange continued till 0430 hrs yesterday. UNI BAS RR PM1515