Bangalore, Jul 26 (UNI) Various leads were being pursued to pin down those responsible for yesterday's serial bomb blasts in the city, Karnataka Director General of Police R Srikumar said today.
Talking to UNI here, he said preliminary investigations had revealed the involvement of local people. However, ''we are keeping all options open. Though no arrest has been made yet, we are questioning some people in connection with the blasts.'' ''Whether it was carried out entirely by local or outside elements was a matter of investigation, which was yet to be confirmed,'' he added.
He said police had collected remnants from each of the blast sites and had came to the conclusion that it was a professionally assembled bomb intended to cause damage. ''We are looking for further clues from the National Security Guards group,'' which arrived in the city to help the local police, he added.
Mr Srikumar said various theories had been being floated, but investigators were proceeding scientifically and were confident of nabbing the culprits behind the blasts.
He said no individual or group had come forward to claim the responsibility for the act even after 24 hours had elapsed after the incident.
Denying any intelligence failure, the DGP said there was a regular flow of information, especially on terrorist activities, between the Centre and the State. There was a general information referring to similar blasts in cities like Hyderabad, Jaipur and Mumbai, but no specific alert about this was given, he clarified.
He said the Information Technology sector would be given special attention and protection.
City Police Commissioner Shankar Bidari, talking separately, said the police were yet to zero in on anyone. A massive combing operation was on in some parts of the city to unearth explosives following defusal of a live bomb near the Forum Mall in Koramangala this morning, he added.
He thanked the people for cooperating well with the police and maintaing peace and calm throughout the day.
UNI SR MSP GD GT RAI1907