Counselling on for 3850 MBBS and 1530 BDS seats: NTRUHS Registrar

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Vijayawada, Jul 26 (UNI) The NTR University of Health Sciences (NTRUHS) in Andhra Pradesh, which took up counselling this week for admission to MBBS/BDS course, would fill up 3,850 seats for MBBS and 1,530 seats for BDS course, University Registrar Dr T Venugopal Rao said here today.

Mr Rao said the counselling, which started on July 23 and would continue till the end of this month for other reserved and special categories, was being held in accordance with the orders issued by the State Government from time to time, under the provisions of Presidential order and the directions of high court.

According to the orders, 85 per cent of the seats in all colleges, including various Government and Private Medical and Dental colleges, were to be filled by local candidates and the remaining 15 per cent unreserved seats with open candidates by July following the rule of reservation for SC, ST and BC communities and other special reserved categories. The admission to each college has to be done simultaneously both for local candidates and open candidates (for unreserved seats) on the basis of their merit ranking, he added.

Besides NTRUHS, counselling was being held at two centres in Hyderabad and one in Vishakhapatnam and Tirupati also. The counselling for special category seats would be held on July 30 and 31.

UNI CS AKM GL HS238

Please Wait while comments are loading...