Over dose of gutkha kills teenager

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Rajkot, Jul 24 (UNI) A 17-year-old boy died here after allegedly consuming excess dose of 'gutkha' on empty stomach during the night of Jayaparatvi Jagran.

According to his relatives, the victim, Nilesh Khatri, resident of Mafatiyapara near Marketing Yard had consumed excess dose of 'gutkha (blend of tobacco) on July 20 following which, he felt giddiness on 21 July and was admitted in civil hospital, where he died yesterday during the treatment.

They said, Nilesh was habituated of chewing 'gutkha' and had consumed more than 20 'gutkas' packets on the fatefull night, which might be the cause of his death.

However, according to doctor, the exact cause of death could only be known after the viscera's report.

UNI AV LY VKG1545

Please Wait while comments are loading...