London, July 24 : Brahamdagh Bugti, the grandson of slain Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti, has reportedly said that instead of Pakistan's, the sovereignty of Balochistan was dear to the tribesmen, and that they would welcome any help from across the border for Balochistan's defence.
He said that the Pakistan Government had been carrying operation in the province for the past four years killing innocent people. Around 70 people, including women and children, had been killed during security forces' bombing of several Dera Bugti areas in the last four days, the Daily Times quoted him as saying in an interview with the BBC over phone from an undisclosed location.
"The operation aims to capture resources of Balochistan in the name of development. This is not acceptable to the Baloch," said Bugti.
Asked if they were getting weapons from neighbouring countries, he said they were fighting for self-defence and had the right to accept any foreign aid. He called the negotiation process on the part of the federal government a "drama".
He said the media was also not playing its 'due role'. "If an incident takes place in Quetta or in any other urban area, the media stands against it and starts a hue and cry but it remains silent when hundreds of people die in Dera Bugti," said the tribal leader.