Meet Bob, the parrot who saved Halls

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

London, Jul 22: A pet parrot has been credited with saving the lives of a family after it raised the alarm as fire spread through their home. The blaze broke out in the kitchen of the Hall family house in Fair Oak, Hampshire, at 6.25am on Monday, July 22. As the fire reached the lounge, Bob the African grey's squawking became more frantic, waking the family.

Hall and his sons, Sam and Trevor, managed to escape from the burning property, grabbing Bob's cage as they fled. All three suffered smoke inhalation although three-year-old Bob survived unhurt. "I used to find Bob very annoying with his growling and squawking. But not now. He is a legend. He saved our lives. We just got out in time," the Sun quoted Sam, as telling a local newspaper. Now, Francis Hall has said that he is going to find a mate for Bob as a reward. "I'm definitely going to get him a treat - some new toys, a swing, a bell and a mirror," Hall said. "It might be the right time to get him a mate. I've been thinking about an outdoor cage. Now the house is having to be re-done, this might be the time to do it," he added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...