Orissa to withdraw practical from HSC examination

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bhubaneswar, July 21 (UNI) The Orissa government has decided to do away with practical tests from the annual High School Certificate Examination from next year.

The decision was taken at a high level meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, here today.

The meeting was held in the wake of large scale bungling in the publication of results last year.

Talking to newspersons after the meeting, School and Mass Education Minister Sanjeev Sahu said the government was contemplating to undertake largescale reforms in the examination system for the timely publication of results.

He said the modernisation and upgradation in the infrastructure of the Board would be made on the basis of the recommendation made by the P C Mohapatra Committee.

The committee was set up recently to suggest measures for the smooth conduct of the examinations, timely publication of results and check the loopholes.

It was decided in the meeting to abolish the provision allowing students to change their optional subject in the examination hall, the Minister stated.

A plan was also on to bring down the total marks from 800 to 600 and fill up all the posts lying vacant at the earliest, he informed.

UNI BD-DP RH AB RK HS2015

Please Wait while comments are loading...