Washington, July 19 : It's confirmed now- a sequel to the fantasy film 'The Golden Compass' will not be made, due to constant protests from the Catholic Church, revealed the movie's author.
The Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman starrer was criticised last year for being anti-God and anti-religion, not only by scholars but also by The Vatican.
And now Philip Pullman-who wrote the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy, on which the film is based- has said that he has not been contacted for a second instalment of the film.
This has confirmed that the next film in the series will not be made, what with film studio New Line Cinema refusing to discuss the future of the trilogy.
"When the first film was in production, I was talking to the studio and to (writer/director) Chris Weitz and producers quite frequently. I'm sure I would be now if the sequel was in production," Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
However, he has confessed that he is still looking forward to see another 'Compass' movie on the big screen.
"I know everyone would like to see a sequel and I know I'd like to see it," he said.