Lahore, July 19 : The PCB has said that it was not sure about the drug which fast bowler Mohammad Asif had consumed while playing in the IPL.
A PCB spokesman said here last evening that they had not received any information from the IPL officials or any other body about the substance Asif had consumed.
"The mail sent to us by the IPL only informed us that Asif had tested positive that is all. It does not mention which substance he tested positive for. And I don't think they will declare the substance until his 'B' sample test is conducted and a conclusive report comes," the Daily Times quoted the spokesman as saying.
Asif's first urine sample came up positive for a banned substance during tests conducted by a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) accredited laboratory and the pacer has now asked for a test of his 'B' sample.
Asif's lawyer Shahid Kazmi reportedly told an Indian TV channel that the embattled pacer had tested positive for nandrolone during the IPL. However, when contacted he denied making such a comment. "I have not mentioned nandrolone or any other substance because we have still not got a detailed report from the IPL about the first test," he claimed.
Kazmi said the IPL committee had already sent them a reply to the request for the 'B' sample test that would be carried out on July 28.