Task force for development of waterways in Orissa

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bhubaneswar, Jul 9 (UNI)The Orissa government today constituted a task force under the Chairmanship of Developmental Commissioner R N Bohidar for development of national waterways in the state.

The Secretaries of Revenue, Commerce and Transport, Water Resources, Forest and Environment would be members of the task force.

The decision to constitute the Task force was taken at a high level meeting presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik here.

Commerce and Transport Secretary Suresh Mohapatra said while 90 per cent of the proposed 623 km long waterways would pass through Orissa, the rest 10 per cent would be in neighbouring West Bengal.

The proposed waterways would pass through 532 kms in Orissa and 91 km in West Bengal.

The waterways would start from Talcher in river Brahmanai and would go upto Hooghly in West Bengal.

MORE UNI BD-DP KK RL UCS1650

Please Wait while comments are loading...