Software engineer dies due to wrong treatment

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kolkata, Jul 9 (UNI) A young software engineer, who was injected with chemotherapy in the spine instead of in the vein at a city nursing home, today died.

Kuntal Chowdhury, the 37-year-old youth, who was suffering from cancer-'defused large B cell lymphoma' in medical parlance, ad been admitted to a nursing home after being advised chemotherapy treatment by the Tata Memorial hospital in Mumbai.

Nursing home sources said while the patient was supposed to be administered with chemotherapy by the medical consultant, it was a fatal mistake of the anesthetist that cost him the life.

'' It was due to the gross mistake of the anesthetist. Instead of administering the chemotherapy intravenously, it was administered into his spine causing him severe pain, '' the sources said.

The nursing home had ordered an inquiry following confession of mistake by the anesthetist.

The patient was later shifted to another clinic where he died after battling for life.

UNI KDG SJC RN1942

Please Wait while comments are loading...