Washington, July 7 : Will Smith's new superhero movie 'Hancock' topped the weekend box office with and earning of 66 million dollars.
In second place was computer animated adventure comedy science fiction film 'Wall-E' with 33.4 million dollars.
The movie, produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released to theaters by Walt Disney Pictures, had topped the box office the previous weekend.
According to estimates by Exhibitor Relations, in third place was Angelina Jolie James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman starrer 'Wanted' which raked in 20.6 million dollars, reports E!Online.
In fourth place with an earning of 11.1 million dollars was the big screen adaptation of TV series 'Get Smart'. The movie, which satirizes the secret agent genre, stars Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, and Alan Arkin.
The top five was rounded off by Jack Black and Angelina Jolie's animated movie 'Kung Fu Panda', which took in 7.5 million dollars.
The list for the top ten highest grossing movies over the weekend, as per Exhibitor Relations is:
1. Hancock, USD 66 million
2. WALL-E, USD 33.4 million
3. Wanted, USD 20.6 million
4. Get Smart, USD 11.1 million
5. Kung Fu Panda, USD 7.5 million
6. The Incredible Hulk, USD 5 million
7. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, USD 3.9 million
8. Kit Kittredge: An American Girl, USD 3.6 million
9. Sex and the City, USD 2.3 million
10. You Don't Mess With the Zohan, USD 2million