Coimbatore, Jul 4: Three people, were electrocuted while working in a coir factory in Keelakarampatti near Pollachy in the district.
Police said, Veeramani (32), while engaged in work, accidentally touched a live electric wire. Her husband Mani (43), while trying to save her, also got electrocuted. Watching this, another worker Muthulakshmi (35) tried to save them and she also got electrocuted and all the three died on the spot.
All the victims belonged to Theni district and the bodies were sent to Pollachi General Hospital for post mortem, police added.