Rs 69 crore plan for Kolhapur district approved

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kolhapur, July 4 (UNI) Kolhapur district guardian minister Harshvardhan Patil today informed that the state government has sanctioned the Rs 69 crore Kolhapur district plan for 2008-09.

The state government, he said, has vested powers on the district collector to utilise the funds on a priority basis on the works enlisted in the plan.

The work on the projects will start from October 1 and have to be completed by February 2009, Mr Patil said while addressing a press conference here today.

To a question, Mr Patil, who is also the state marketing minister, said ration card holders will receive rice, palm oil and tur dal within a fortnight. The state government had earlier announced to provide these commodities to ration card holders but the process had to be halted after a contractor moved court. The matter has now been resolved and, so, the marketing federation has issued fresh tenders, Mr Patil said.

UNI BBK MAZ SKB2033

Please Wait while comments are loading...