Minority Commission to probe into blast accused allegations

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jul 1 (UNI) The Maharashtra Minority Commission will conduct a probe into allegations made by some of the blast accused that they were brutally beaten up when they were shifting from Arthur Road Jail to some other Jail in the state last week.

Talking to UNI, the Commission Chairman Nasim Siddiqui said that the commission would conduct a probe in this regard and their team will soon visit the Jail premises to ascertain the truth.

He said after the complaint was recived he had spoken with superintendent of Arthur Road Jail Swati Sathe, who informed him that the jail mainly houses undertrial accused, including accused involved in the Malegaon blast case, Mumbai 7/11 local train serial blasts case and Aurangabad Arms haul case.

As these cases were stayed by the Apex court, the accused were shifted to another jail with an assurance that they will be brought back to Arthur Road Jail once their trial begins, she said.

He said according to the jail officials, the accused were protesting their shifting and therefore police was called, but they denied any incident of atrocity against the accused.

Mr Siddiqui said he had instructed the jail officials not to shift the injured accused, who were lodged at Arthur Road Jail office till the commission completed its probe.

It may be recalled that yestarday Abdul Samad, an accused in Aurangabad Arms case, had filed an application in the court stating that he and other accused were beaten up with out any provocation before they were transferred to jails outside the city. The MCOCA court had adjourned the plea till July 3.

UNI AAA SR GT HT1640

Please Wait while comments are loading...