TTD board to establish a special cell for contract workers

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Tirumala, Jun 30 (UNI) To protect the contract workers from the clutches of contractors, TTD trust board, in its board meeting today resolved to constitute a ''Control management Cell'' to keep an eagle eye on the contractors in TTD.

Addressing presspersons, after the board meeting held for more than nine-hours at Annamayya Bhavan here, TTD Chairman B Karunaka Reddy said the contract workers working in various TTD departments will be provided facilities such as EPF, ESI through contractor and put an eagle eye on the maintenance of minimum wages system by the contractor.

The board also took decision to pay the wages to the contract labour through banks from July 15 onwards.

It also took a decision to write a letter to the UGC for sanction of salaries to the staff for the proposed University for the S V Music College, he said. Annamayya artists working in TTD would be provided identity cards besides giving grading system on par with their experience and would pay Rs 800 and Rs 1,000 respectively on the basis of their experience as honour.

The 40 vacant posts of Potu labours will be filled up on permanent basis, he added.

It also took decision to provide house sites in 127 acres land at Brahmanapattu to the TTD employees on par MoU with the farmers. The proposed 850 apartments to the TTD employees would be constructed at Vinayaka Nagar and S G S Arts College by sharing of 60 per cent finance by the management and the employees would bare the remaining 40 per cent, he added.

UNI KNR SR RAI2248

Please Wait while comments are loading...