Mumbai, Jun 25 (UNI) A 68-year-old man has moved the Bombay High Court urging for a direction to make Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray an accused in an assault case filed by the former against MNS activists.
Mahadeo Nikam, who filed the petition recently, has sought direction from the court to the police to take action against Raj Thackeray for allegedly instigating and abetting the incident.
In his petition, Mr Nikam said a mob of MNS activists had assaulted him and his wife on December 12 last year and blackened his face after his son Prakash was booked in a rape case.
Mr Nikam's son was allegedly accused of raping his own minor daughter following which a complaint was lodged by Prakash's wife.
According to the petition, on the day of incident near his resident in Mumbai suburb, a mob of MNS activists gathered and after seeing him, started shouting slogans and assaulting him. The activists also ransacked his house, broke mirrors, chairs and lights. When he tried to restrain them, they blackend his face in presence of police.
Advocate Dheeraj Dhutmal, who has filed petition on behalf of Mr Nikam submitted that later, his client registered an FIR against 11 MNS activists for the alleged assault and unlawful entry. But police refused to book local MNS leader, Manoj Yadav, in the case despite he being one of the main accused. He was identified by Mr Nikam and others.
The court was also told that the petitioner had issued notices to all the accused as well as Mr Thackeray in this regard but none of the activists have so far apologised for their act. Even Mr Thackeray did not ask them to do so, which means he is supporting them.
The petition will come up for hearing in due course of time.
UNI AAA SSS AKJ NS1839