Court rejects Susairaj's application

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jun 19 (UNI) A local court today rejected the petition of Kannada actress Maria Monica Susairaj, a co-accused in the Neeraj Grover murder case, seeking a copy of her confessional statement.

Additional Sessions Court Judge P H Malli upheld the prosecution's argument that merely on the basis of some content of the confessional statement being published in the newspaper, the copy could not be provided to her.

Advocate Nitin Pradhan, representing Susairaj, told mediapersons that he will go through the order of the court and then make his submission next Tuesday in court, whether he was challenging the order or not in the High Court. Thereafter, arguments on the bail application will take place.

Earlier, Mr Pradhan had argued that the statement was recorded under section 164 CrPc, which is a judicial procedure and Susairaj was therefore entitled to get a copy of her confessional statement.

Mr Pradhan told the court that the media had already published the contents of the statement, susairejs boyfriend Jerow Mathew, a naval officer, had allegedly stabbed Grover, creative head of synergy Adlab, with a kitchen knife and then cut the body into 300 pieces. Later, the duo allegedly stuffed the body parts into three bags and destroyed them by setting the bags ablaze at Manor in Thane district.

Grover's company was producing the Shah Rukh Khan anchored 'Kya Aap Panchvi Pas Se Tez Hai'.

UNI ST OBB ARS NS1642

Please Wait while comments are loading...