Melbourne, June 19 (UNI) While the ICC and PCB are busy making this year's Champions Trophy a greater success, the media reports suggest that the Australian players could boycott this year's prestigious tournament owing to the scurity concerns in Pakistan.
According to Australian media, their players would pull out of the Champions Trophy if the International Cricket Council (ICC) does not shift the venue of the tournament.
''It is going to come down to the individual's decision,'' an anonymous member of the Australian team, currently touring West Indies was quoted as saying to 'Sydney Morning Herald'.
''We have talked about it, and there are some guys who will go if security advice says it's OK. But there are others who have said they won't go, regardless. At this stage, we are waiting to hear more,'' he added.
Australia had already postponed its March-April tour of Pakistan this year for security reasons and their star all-rounder Andrew Symonds had clearly said that he would not tour the trouble-torn nation.
Amidst this whole situation, Cricket Australia (CA) look in deeper trouble as it would wish that its players take part in the Champions Trophy which is in September this year.
Not only the Australian players, but players from England, New Zealand and South Africa too are apprehensive about touring Pakistan.
However, the ICC and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have asserted that the security would not be a problem during the tournament and proper arrangements would be made to ensure that the event goes trouble-free.
But the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA) is not pleased by the governing body's assurance and would not give a green signal before it gets convinced that the players would be safe in Pakistan.
UNI XC RAR NS1517