Court reserve its order on Susairaj's petition

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jun 17 (UNI) A local court today reserved its order till Thursday, on the petition of Kannada actress Maria Monica Susairaj, a co-accused in the Neeraj Grover murder case, seeking copy of her confessional statement.

After hearing both sides, the Additional Session Court Judge P H Malli reserved his order till June 19.

Susairaj's advocate Nitin Pradhan said the statement was recorded under Section 164 CrPC, which is a judicial procedure, and she is therefore entitled to get a copy of her confessional statement.

Mr Pradhan told the court that the media had already published the contents of the statement.

Opposing the application, public prosecutor R V Kini said the copy should not be provided merely because some of its contents have been published in a section of the media.

The court yesterday remanded Susairaj and her boyfriend Jerome Emile Mathew, a Naval officer, to judicial custody till June 30 on charges of murder of 27-year-old Neeraj Grover, creative head of Synergy Adlabs, on May 7.

Both of them, who were in police custody, were remanded judicial custody through video conferencing.

According to the prosecution, Mathew had allegedly stabbed Grover with a kitchen knife and then chopped body into 300 pieces. Later, the duo allegedly stuffed the body parts in three bags and burnt them at Manor in Thane district.

Susairaj allegedly had sexual relations with Grover to bag a role in a Hindi teleserial. Grover's company was producing Shah Rukh Khan anchored 'Kya Aap Panchvi Pas Se Tez Hain'. Prior to this job, he was a creative head of Balaji Telefilms.

UNI ST RN AE ND1805

Please Wait while comments are loading...