Mah Govt to take action against Mete if there is evidence: Patil

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jun 12 (UNI) Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil today clarified that there was no question of shielding party colleague and chief of Shiv Sangram outfit Vinayak Mete for his alleged involvement in the attack on Marathi daily 'Loksatta' editor Kumar Ketkar's residence in Thane last week.

Speaking to mediapersons informally outside the NCP headquarters here, Mr Patil, who also holds Home portfolio, said, ''Many have been arrested and they will act against Mr Mete if there is evidence.'' The police are on the job, he said.

Mr Patil said Mr Mete had said he did not order the attack, while the arrested persons had told the Thane police that Mr Mete had told them to agitate outside Mr Ketkar's residence for writing the offending editorial in 'Loksatta' against erecting a proposed huge statue of Maratha warrior Chhatrapati Shivaji off Marine Drive in South Mumbai.

UNI XR SSS BDP BD2301

Please Wait while comments are loading...