25 girl students fall ill after inhaling chlorine gas

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bangalore, Jun 11 (UNI) As many as 25 students of a women's college hostel fell ill today after inhaling chlorine used in cleaning the water tank in Tumkur city about 70 km from here.

According to police, chlorine used for cleaning the drinking water tank by Municipal workers got mixed with the air affecting the girl students whose hostel block was adjacent to the tank.

People walking on the road-side were also affected.

Police immediately cordoned off the area and summoned the fire brigade.

The affected students were immediately shifted to the district hospital where the condition of one of the students was said to be critical.

UNI RS ROY SY UCS1050

Please Wait while comments are loading...