Villagers fall ill after drinking contaminated water

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mysore, Jun 10 (UNI) About 50 people of Karekura village at Srirangapatna taluk in neighbouring Mandya district of Karnataka fell ill after drinking contaminated water, today.

Police said it was ascertained that some toxic materials were mixed in the water in an overhead tank, from which drinking water was supplied to the village.

Three people, who became seriously ill, were admitted to K R Hospital here, while 15 people were admitted to the Srirangapatna hospital. The remaining were treated as out-patients.

Mandya SP G Ramesh, District Health Officer Krishne Gowda and Tahsildar Kavitha Rani visited the spot and collected samples for testing.

UNI BSP RM LS AS1951

Please Wait while comments are loading...