Mysore, Jun 10 (UNI) About 50 persons of Karekura village in Srirangpatna taluk in Mandya district fell ill as they consumed adulterated water today.
Police said that some miscreants had mixed pesticides in the overhead water tank from which drinking water was supplied to the village.
Later, it was ascertained that some toxic materials were mixed in the water tank. Three persons who became seriously ill have been admitted to K R Hospital here while 15 persons were admitted at Srirangpatna hospital. The rest were treated as out-patients.
Mandya SP G Ramesh, district health officer Krishne Gowda, Tahasildar Kavitha Rani visited the spot and took water samples for testing. Police also registered a case and are investing.
UNI BSP RM SKB1715