10-year-old boy electrocuted

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jalandhar, May 31 (UNI) A 10-year-old student died when he came into contact with live electricity wires at Santokhpura locality in the city.

Police today said that Navdeep, son of Dalbir Ram, died yesterday evening when he went to the rooftop of his tutor's house to ask his friend to wait for him who had left after studying the tuition and came into contact with live electricity wires passing nearby the house.

Navdeep's tutor Pinky, also sustained burn injuries and fell unconscious when she tried to save Navdeep. The tutor was immidiately rushed to the nearby hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, residents of the area gathered and demanded action against the erring electricty department officials for not shifting the wires away from the houses despite repeated requests.

UNI DP PS MMS1734

Please Wait while comments are loading...