Jaipur, May 26 (UNI) Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria today ruled out immediate possibility of an Army operation for forcible removal of Gujjar protesters from 'dharna' sites to retrieve bodies of firing victims.
Talking to reporters here, Mr Kataria said the government which was equipped adequately with the Army, para-military forces and the police, was capable to undertake an operation to get clear the tracks and retrieve the bodies from 'dharna' sites for post motem.
However, he was not in favour of use of the force for this purpose as it might take heavy toll of lives of innocent people.
The Home Minister said his government wanted to restore normalcy without using force and costing lives of innocent.
''Therefore, I want to wait for some time and keep the option of an Army operation for the above purpose as last resort,'' Mr Kataria said.
While bodies of 12 victims were placed at Pillukapur, six others were kept at Sikandara 'dharna' site, he said.
He said the Gujjar agitation had already taken heavy toll and he feel sad over such huge loss of human lives.
''But I want to clarify that on both occasions-in Pillukapura as well as Sikandara -- the police opened fire in self defence to quell armed mob which was attacking the forces in a planned manner,'' the Home Minister said.
He said as many as 37 people have died in the agitation related violence and firings and 45 were sill being treated at different hospitals.
UNI SS SP AS1845