Actor in next Harry Potter film stabbed to death

Subscribe to Oneindia News

London, May 25 (UNI) A teenager who has played a role in the next Harry Potter movie was stabbed to death while trying to protect his younger brother.

Robert Knox, an 18-year-old, who acted alongside Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, became the 28th teenager killed in Britain this year, and the 10th in London to die from stab wounds.

Relatives said his role as Marcus Belby in the film, due for release in November, was set to launch his career as an actor.

Knox was a member of the same rugby club as Jimmy Mizen, the 16-year-old ''gentle giant'' fatally stabbed in nearby Lee, south-east London, two weeks ago.

In a statement, Rob's parents, Sally and Colin Knox, said, ''Rob was kind and thoughtful and would always help out others.'' ''He was respectful to others and adored by all his family and friends. He was an asset to the family,'' The Daily Telegraph quoted them as saying.

Knox, a grammar school boy, was fatally stabbed yesterday after trying to save his 16-year-old brother, Jamie, from a man armed with two knives.

The man began attacking drinkers outside the Metro bar, next to Sidcup railway station, south-east London. Witnesses said that the attacker had earlier been thrown out by bouncers, but returned in the early hours with several friends.

A spokesman for Warner Brothers, the makers of the Harry Potter films, said, ''We are deeply shocked by the news and our thoughts and sympathy are with the family.'' UNI XC RJ KP1950

Please Wait while comments are loading...