Melbourne, May 23 : TV and film celebrity Tania Zaetta is likely to sue and demand compensation for unproven troop sex allegations.
The 37-year-old actress was accused of having sex with Oz troops during her Middle East tour, however she strongly denied the allegations.
Zaetta has decided to take legal action after the Defence Department admitted it broke its own privacy regulations by naming her in a high-level briefing document to Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon.
In an interview to Nine Network's A Current Affair, Zaetta said that she has briefed lawyers and believed she was owed an apology from the department.
"How does a supposed document ... that I don't know about get leaked in the first place - that's a little bit concerning about the security of the country," News.com.au quoted her as saying.
"It's complete made-up lies. I feel I am owed an apology," she added.
When asked if she had been alone with any soldiers during the 17-day tour, Zaetta said: "You were never alone with any soldiers - you were in full view of everybody else all the time."
According to the Daily Telegraph, the briefing document had named Zaetta as the subject of an unproven allegation - made by rock singer Angry Anderson - that she had sex with Special Forces troops at the Australian base of Tarin Kowt in Afghanistan.
However, the former 'Who Dares Wins' host supports Anderson.
"I asked him and I believed him when he said no. He wasn't sure where it came from," said Zaetta.
Defence has confirmed that an investigation into the claims is under way and yesterday "apologised unreservedly" to Zaetta for disclosing the claims.