London, May 22 : Middle order batsman Ravi Bopara has revealed that he may join the Indian Premier League next season if he does not earn an England Test recall.
The 23-year-old player of Indian origin, who had earlier claimed refusing a "six-figure sum" offer from one of the IPL franchises said he would reconsider his decision if he fails to stage a comeback to the side by the next season.
"The decision I made (not to join the IPL) was just based on this season. I don't know what my decisions will be in the future, but if things continue as they are, and the offer comes along again, then I'll have a think about it, and if things haven't change for me with regards to England then I may have to reconsider my options," Bopara said.
Earlier this month, the youngster claimed turning down an IPL offer in order to concentrate playing for Essex to brighten up his chances of a comeback to the national side.