Guwahati, May 22: The Assam Government today reiterated its stand of not accepting any ceasefire proposal from the DHD(J), an outfit which has killed at least 25 people in the NC Hills district last week, without the outfit complying with all ground rules of a cessation of hostilities agreement.
The government will not toe the ceasefire line immediately. The group could use the time to re-group and re-arm, State Government Spokesperson and Cabinet minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sharma said here.
''Security will be strengthened further and army and para-military forces will be reinforced,'' he added.
The Dima Halom Daogah (Jewel faction), also known as Black Widow, had announced unilateral ceasefire till June 25 after a spate of killings last week.
''The militant outfit must stop procuring arms and deposit all the arms and ammunition it has, besides complying with other ground rules if it really wants a ceasefire,'' the minister said.
''We have information that the group is buying almost 100 new AK 47 rifles and at the same time, they were talking of ceasefire,'' he added.
Dr Sharma informed that the communication link with the district would be restored within a couple of days after special security for trains as well as road vehicles was in place.
He also pointed towards massive extortion by the group in the district, stating that extortion demands ran into crores of rupees.
The NEEPCO had been demanded ten per cent of its profit, Vinay Cements Rs eight crore, besides several other extortion notices sent to railway and national highway contractors.