Seven children fell ill after inhaling poisonous gas

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Lucknow, May 18 (UNI) Tension gripped the region, when about seven children reportedly fell ill after inhaling the ammonia gas, oozing out from a cold storage in Jyotiba Phule Nagar district of the Uttar Pradesh.

The incident came to light when people felt suffocation in the air, due to the leakage of ammonia gas from a cold storage at Amroha-Hasanpur road, police said.

Official crew had been pressed into service to control the leakage.

However, seven children, who fell seriously ill after inhaling the poisonous gas, had been admitted in hospital, the police added.

UNI PDM GT BST1805

Please Wait while comments are loading...