Major fire breaks out at Medical College

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Patna, May 18 (UNI) Life-saving drugs worth several lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes in a major fire that broke out at the drug godown of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) today.

Several fire tenders rushed to the spot to control the flaze, which broke out at around 1130 hours. The blaze was ultimately controlled at around 1600 hours but by that time the entire godown was gutted.

Though, the cause of fire could not be asscertained, fire Brigade sources stated that it might have sparked from electrical short circuit. No one has been injured in the fire but medicines worth lakhs of rupees were damaged.

PMCH Deputy Superintendent Dr R K Singh told UNI that some patients' attendants first noticed the smoke billowing out from window and informed the fire brigade. But before the firefighters could arrive, the entire drug godown had been engulfed by fire.

UNI KKS-ABA LL AB ARB RN1918

Please Wait while comments are loading...