Addressing a press conference here, he demanded that the Manmohan Singh Goverment make immediate diplomatic efforts ''to pursue the international community to put the ISI on international watch.'' The series of blasts in different parts of the country, including the serial blasts in Jaipur on Tuesday, which left at least 63 dead, were the handiwork of ISI-backed terrorist organisations, he alleged.
Stating that India had been the hardest hit by terrorist strikes, he said the recent US State Department Report on Global terrorism in 2007 showed that India continued to rank among the world's most terror-afflicted countries, accounting for nearly 2300 of the 22,685 people killed by terrorists across the world in 2007.
''Existence of more than 5,000 sleeper modules operated directly and indirectly by the ISI in almost all parts of the country is a clear indication that India is virtually sitting on a tinder box,'' he said, adding that serial blasts in Jaipur were similar to Mumbai train blasts of 2006, Hyderabad blasts last year and the bomb blasts in three different cities in Uttar Pradesh.
The strikes were not a mere law and order problem to be handled independently by the states themselves, he said and called for an integrated action plan to launch a war against terror.
The UPA Government lacked the will to respond to this national need, he claimed.
The rapid increase in infiltration into India from neighbouring countries had further aggravated the crisis of internal security, he claimed and sought immediate identification and deportation of infiltrators by the Government on a priority basis.