Lucknow, May 15: In a major breakthrough, the Uttar Pradesh Police has taken into custody a cyber cafe owner at Sahibabad in Ghazaibad district of the National Capital region (NCR) from where the e-mail claiming the responsibility for Tuesday's serial blasts in Jaipur was sent by the militant outfit Indian Mujahideen.
The Ghaziabad Police confirmed the news of taking Madhukhar Mishra and his son into custody for interrogation. ''We are interrogating the duo to get all the information about the people who had used the cyber cafe,'' a police officer said. Investigating teams from Jaipur are likely to arrive at Ghazaibad this afternoon to interrogate the duo. Guru-al-Hindi of Indian Mujahideen claimed responsibility for the blasts in an e-mail sent to the media yesterday and even sent video clippings of the cycles used in the explosions.
In the e-mail, the outfit said the ''Indian Mujahideen is waging an open war against the country for supporting the United States and the United Kingdom on international issues.'' This is the second time the terrorist organisation has owned responsibility of blasts in the country.
Earlier in November, the organisation had taken responsibility of the serial blasts in three civil courts in Uttar Pradesh. However, that time the e-mail sent by them originated from Shakarpur locality of New Delhi and the ID used was different in the two cases.